IWP’s New Retail Access Program
IWP is a national pharmacy service working as an advocate for injured workers. They take the financial burden out of the prescription process by shipping medications directly to patients and collecting payment from insurance companies. In an effort to improve service, IWP’s New Retail Access Program allows injured workers to fill their prescriptions at a local pharmacy. This program was designed to help your clients with immediate prescription needs (such as controlled pain medications). The Retail Access Program allows injured workers to get their medications the same day they get their prescriptions from their authorized treating physician.
Some injured workers may be weary of a “mail order” pharmacy which can take days or even weeks to ship medications. IWP will continue to “overnight” ship medications to the most convenient place for an injured worker; home, office, relative, hotel, or local UPS store /hub whenever necessary.
How to Enroll Your Client in the Retail Access Program:
- Attorney (Staff) provides client with IWP Retail Access Pharmacy Card*
- Attorney (Staff) sends clients’ contact information to IWP for enrollment.
- IWP enrolls patient, activates card, provides ID#, and helps locate a participating pharmacy
- Injured worker visits treating physician and determines medication is needed same day
- Patient takes pharmacy card with prescription to fill through local pharmacy.
- IWP delivers all future refills right to the patient’s door.
This program was designed to address the concern that “clients want to go to their local pharmacy, they do not want to wait for the medications”. As a Diamond sponsor, IWP will continue to work together with the FWA to develop programs to support its members and the clients they serve.
Contact Jim DiSalvo –Strategic Alliance Manager to schedule a meeting or for more information.